Wow! Did I discover a hidden treasure right in my back yard! My family and I recently biked to Madison Park (100th St. just south of Hampton Ave.) to play tennis and low and behold, behind the restroom building is a brand spanking new splash pad!
My daughter goes to Madison Elementary School which is right across the street and yet we had no idea this was there. It opened June 13th (the day after school let out but unfortunately no note went home telling people in the neighborhood about this new addition) and from what I can tell from the county parks website, it spews water from 11-3 daily.
This splash pad replaces the swimming pool that used to be there but closed several years ago. I don't quite understand where the county got the money for this since we are always reading about their financial problems, but since it's there, we might as well let people know about it so it can be used.
A few weeks ago when it was in the 90's this would have been a big hit. There are brand new tables and benches and the existing restroom building is decent as well. A nice addition (hint, hint) would be a timer like they have on hotel hot tubs so that if you were there and the water wasn't running you could hit the button to turn it on for 10 minutes. That wouldn't waste a lot of water and allow for more use in my opinion.
So... go ahead, splash away and get wet at Madison Park!!
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!