The Boys' 14 Midwest Open National Tournament was held this past week at the Western Racquet Club in Elm Grove. Felix Corwin, who just moved into the area from Boca Raton, FL, captured the Boys' 14 Championship without the loss of a set defeating Carmel, Indiana's Daniel Rayl 6-1, 6-4 in the finals on July 14.
Corwin moved to Elm Grove last month and has been training at the Western Racquet Club since the move. Felix's dad, Timon Corwin, was recently hired as the Club's Managing Dierctor of Tennis Operations.
Felix and his older brother Tim, will attend Brookfield East High School in the fall. Tim was recently a quarterfinalist at the WI State Open Boys' 16.
(Attached picture shows Champion Felix Corwin on the right and Runner-up Daniel Rayl on the left).
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Fill the Bus to be held August 6
- Wii Olympics for Adults at Brookfield Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator