The decomposed body found Sunday afternoon in a wooded area at 124th Street and Bluemound Road was identified as James Kieckbusch, 57, no known address, according to a medical examiner's report provided by Milwaukee County.
Kieckbusch's remains were discovered by Daniel and Donald Kempka, a father and son, who had been hiking through the wooded area while looking for deer antlers. Kieckbusch was pronounced dead upon arrival at 4:48 p.m.
The medical examiner identified pill bottles in the jacket pocket with medications still inside as well as a wallet and identification card on Kieckbusch's right leg between his blue jeans and pair of long pajama-type pants.
The area did not appear to be a place where the subject lived or a homeless shelter. No obvious trauma was observed at the scene.
Kieckbusch had been on parole and had a history of bipolar disorder, the report said. His brother, William, said Kieckbusch was a "binge" drinker and had previous illicit drug use, according to the report.
Neither his brother nor parole officer had seen him since about October or November 2013, according to the report. A warrant had been issued in November for Kieckbusch for his failure to show up to an appointment.
Wauwatosa Police Department will begin a background check and continue notifying family members of Kieckbusch's discovery. The body has been transported to the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23