The Wauwatosa Police Department has received three more reports of wallets taken from women's purses while they were patronizing local restaurants.
On Feb. 8, a woman hung her purse over the back of her chair at Alterra, 9125 W. North Ave., between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. By 1:30 p.m., her credit card company had called to alert her of $500 in charges at Pick 'n Save.
Similarly, a woman noticed her wallet was missing after visiting the Cheesecake Factory, 2350 N. Mayfair Road, between 7:30 and 9 p.m. on Friday. She, too, had her purse hung over the back of her chair at the bar. Her husband recalled a man and two women standing directly behind them, watching as she took her wallet out to pay for their drinks.
Three people matching a similar description were spotted at Mo's Irish Pub, 10842 W. Bluemound Road, later that night. A woman had a purse at her feet and she noticed the man next to her tried to purchase drinks with two credit cards, both of which were declined. Later, she noticed her wallet missing and she received at call that her credit card had been used at Walgreens.
These are just the latest in a series of wallet snatchings from women's purses at area restaurants that have been occurring since late December.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23