A 62-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for disorderly conduct in the 1200 block of Glenview Avenue at 4:23 a.m. Aug. 5 after relieving himself on private property, according to a Wauwatosa Police Department report.
Also according to the report:
The owner of an apartment building on Glenview Avenue had reported on at least three prior occasions that an unknown person had defecated along the north side of the building.
The officer checked the building for fresh feces about 2 a.m. Aug. 5, but found none.
About 4:20 a.m., officers saw a man standing on the sidewalk near the bus stop in front of the apartment building. An officer asked the man if he knew anything about the prior incidents. The man said he did not and that he has never seen anyone in the area while he waits for the bus.
After checking the property again, the officer found a pile of feces.
The man then admitted to defecating along the building at least two or three times in the past. He said he does this because he “just has to go.”
He said he never knew it was wrong to defecate on someone else’s property.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23