Wauwatosa West advanced Friday night to the WIAA Regional Finals at Brookfield Central on Saturday, but Wauwatosa East had their season suddenly cut short.
West sank 18-of-21 free throws in the fourth quarter and pulled away for a 58-45 win over Morse-Marshall before a packed house.
Jarvis Ashley led the way with 13 points, including 7-of-8 from the free throw line. Alex Chu had 11 points, including two big 3-point shots early, Ricky Landers had 10 points and Tyler Krause, who was blanked for three quarters, went 8-for-8 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter. Kendale Nation led the Eagles with 15 points.
West led 15-6 after one quarter and 21-18 at half. They increased it to 36-31 in the third period and then pulled away.
West (14-10) now meets Milwaukee Lutheran (9-13) at Brookfield Central at 7 p.m. on Saturday.
The Red Knights rallied to take a 27-26 half-time lead after the Red Raiders led 11-9 after one quarter. Lutheran led 40-38 and hung on to win by one.
Garrett Wenzelberger scored 15 and Erik Hulman 12 for Lutheran while Vince Cupertino had 10 points and Darrell Bowie and Anthony Carroll nine each.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North