Wauwatosa East fell to 0-2 with a 53-14 loss to Kenosha Tremper at Hart Park Friday night and now the Red Raiders have a week to get ready for the Greater Metro Conference season.
The Red Raiders were down 39-14 at intermission after trailing 25-0. Two of the Trojans first four scores included a 37-yard interception return and a 63-yard punt return.
Tosa East got on the board in the second quarter when Ethan Harris tossed an 18-yard touchdown pass to Jumaane Brady. After two more Tremper scores, Harris tossed a 10-yard score to Vince Cupertino. Bryce Kratzer kicked both PATs for the Raiders.
Tremper added two short TD runs in the third and fourth quarters to close out the scoring,
Tremper had 385 total yards, while Tosa East had 223. Harris was 11-for-25 for 140 yards and two scores.
The Red Raiders travel to West Allis Hale to open up the Greater Metro Conference season at 7 p.m.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North