DSHA NAMES JANIE MCDONOUGH WIAA SCHOLAR ATHLETE:McDonough perfects her scores on the greens and in the classroom
Janie McDonough, a senior at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School (DSHA), has been named Divine Savior Holy Angels High School’s 2012 WIAA Scholar Athlete and will receive medals from the WIAA at the school’s awards ceremony at DSHA on Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 7 p.m.
Janie has a 4.0 GPA and participated on DSHA’s Golf team which went to the WIAA State tournament all four years. Freshman year she was named Second Team All-Conference, sophomore year she was named First Team All-Conference and Honorable Mention All-State, junior year she was named First Team All-Conference and Third Team All-State. This year, her senior year, she was awarded First Team All-Conference, Player of the Year in the Conference and Third Team All-State.
Each year, member high schools of the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association are invited to nominate one boy and one girl for Scholar Athlete honors. The program, which is underwritten by Marshfield Clinic, was launched in 1984 to demonstrate the positive impact of interscholastic athletic activities.
To qualify for WIAA Scholar Athlete recognition, a nominee must have earned at least four varsity letters through the first half of her senior year and must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Divine Savior Holy Angels High School is a Catholic college preparatory high school that excels at preparing young women intellectually, spiritually and personally. Sponsored by the Sisters of the Divine Savior, DSHA continues to build on 119 years of tradition in academic excellence and commitment to single gender education and attracts over 650 students annually from all over Southeastern Wisconsin. To learn more about DSHA, log on to www.dsha.info.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!