The public is invited to a free performance of Lloyd Pfautsch’s "A Day for Dancing" at 9:45 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 9 at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1520 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa, Wis. Parking is available behind the church off of Underwood Avenue.
"A Day for Dancing" is a collection of medieval carols sung to celebrate the Christmas season and which were traditionally accompanied by dancing.
The WAUMC Chancel Choir will welcome soprano Tanya Kruse Ruck that day. Ruck is a member of the voice faculty at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and has performed multiple times with Skylight Music Theatre in Milwaukee.
Musical accompaniment will include flute, oboe, cello and percussion to create a light, almost hollow sound of contrasting timbres.
Please join us for this WAUMC program which is intended to create a festive sense of the Christmas story through carols and poetry.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members.
Today, the congregation is more than 400 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures. WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops.
The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!