For the third time in a row, a Mount Mary student has been awarded a Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship. Shaticia (Shay) Landry was one of 14 students from Wisconsin colleges and universities to receive the award from the federally-funded program that supports students nationwide. Landry will use her scholarship to support her study abroad this summer in Peru.
Landry will be taking courses at the Peruvian university, Universidad Católica de Santa Maria, and enjoying a home stay while also participating in local volunteer opportunities at a squatter settlement and a school.
As part of the scholarship requirement, she will complete a project based on her experience and designed to inspire other students to study abroad.
Landry is currently a double major in Psychology and Spanish.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!