Ashraf El-Meanawy, MD, PhD, associate professor of medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), was awarded the Featured New Investigator Award by the Central Society for Clinical and Translational Research at the organization’s annual meeting in April.
Dr. El-Meanawy, who is a practicing nephrologist at Froedtert Hospital and the Zablocki VA Medical Center, was chosen for this honor based on his research into the relationships between premature birth and the development of hypertension and kidney disease.
Before joining the MCW faculty in 2007, Dr. El-Meanawy attended the School of Medicine at Cairo University in Cairo, Egypt, where he earned his medical degree, his master of science degree, and his doctor of philosophy degree. He did residency and a post-doctoral research fellowship at MetroHealth at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Oh.
Dr. El-Meanaway’s laboratory is part of MCW’s Cardiovascular Center.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!