In an effort to apply classroom concepts in a real world setting, Dan Prothero of Tosa West and the business department at Tosa East received a $2,990.00 Education Foundation of Wauwatos (EFW) grant to purchase computer-based software simulation called Virtual Business-Restaurant. The breadth and depth of the game provides an eye-opening window into the world of restaurant ownership. The lessons stimulate higher order thinking as students learn about each phase of business including market research, location selection, financial statements, menu design, pricing, purchasing, layout, staffing, marketing, and turnaround. It is like a science experiment wrapped in a restaurant simulation.
For more information on the EFW and our other 12 grants for the 2013-2014 school year, visit www.tosaefw.org
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!